Warming climate will nearly double demand for cooling appliances.
Researchers predict energy use for air conditioners and refrigeration will jump 90% on 2017 levels by mid-century because of a burgeoning middle class and a warming world. Global sales of cooling equipment are expected to increase from $140 billion today to $260 billion by 2050 – Guardian
- The world is scrambling now China is refusing to be a trash dumping ground – CNBC
- The 9 RGGI states show long-term benefits for resident – InsideClimateNews
- Alberta and British Columbia in interprovincial battle over Kinder Morgan pipeline – theTyee
- Massachusetts’s top court clears way for Exxon fraud investigation – InsideClimateNews
- Trudeau ready to offer aid to Kinder Morgan to ensure pipeline is built – Reuters
- Australian $90m ‘clean coal’ program ends as final project collapses – SydneyMorningHerald
- The electric vehicle boom is coming – ensia.com
- EU court rules Poland broke law by logging ancient Bialowieza forest – Independent
If you would like to receive a weekly reminder on news updates, please enter your email address on the right sidebar and click the Subscribe button.